Almond Shortbread Cookies
These cookies are extremely simple to make, as well as vegan, Paleo, grain-free, gluten-free. They have the best texture, slightly crispy yet soft inside! Click here to checkout all the idgredients and bakeware I used to create this recipe.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips melted
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients, stirring to combine (be sure to break up any lumps in the flour and/or sugar).
- Shape dough into twelve 1-inch balls (I use my small cookie scoop). Space balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Flatten halfway with fork.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden (the cookies will seem somewhat soft while hot; they will firm up as they cool).
- Remove from oven and cool on sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
- Melt dark choc chips and dip half cookie in chocolate and add almond slices to melted chocolate & sprinkle with sea salt.