Carrot Cake Cupcakes
For all my carrot cake lovers, here is a healthy + fun twist on the beloved dessert. These cupcakes are naturally sweet with a delicious greek yogurt and cream cheese icing. They're perfect for an Easter dessert or a spring time snack!
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp baking sode
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- 4 oz low fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven at 350 and combine all wet ingredients together and whisk. Set aside.
- In another large bowl mix together all dry ingredients
- Add dry ingredients to bowl with wet - stir gently until combine (don’t over mix)
- Add carrots, walnuts and coconut flakes; stir gently until combined.
- Line muffin tins and fill with better 3/4 full. Bake for 19-22 minutes or until toothpick come out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before adding icing. Combine all ingredients for icing and mix well - when cooled spread icing on each cupcake and top with toppings of your choice!