Healthy Pumpkin Donuts
No refined sugar, no white flour, and no frying! These healthy pumpkin donuts area must have for a fall morning with a cup of coffee or an after dinner dessert with a cup of milk. Click here to find all the ingredients used to make this recipe!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup organic pumpkin (canned)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 4 oz fat free cream cheese
- 1.5 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, whisk eggs. Add in the rest of your donut ingredients - very VERY well (you can blend ingredients if desired)
- Spray donut pan with nonstick spray. Add batter to donut an, filling up about 3/4. Sprinkle with chocolate chips if desired.
- Place in over and bake for 20-22 minutes
- When you have your donuts in the oven, get the ingridents ready for the icing
- In a small, microwave safe bowl - add cream cheese and coconut oil. Microwave for 30 seconds or until cream cheese is soft and add the rest of the icing ingridents. Mix together.
- Set aside icing after it is mixed together while donuts bake
- Remove donuts from oven, let cool before adding icing
- Add icing, using an icing piper to decorate each donut
- Either eat them or store in the fridge so the icing hardens a bit!