Fresh, creamy + so flavorful! This simple recipe will make you never want to purchase store bought hummus again! P.S. I shared a little trick with you all that I swear by, when making this hummus.
- 1 can chickpeas 15 oz.
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice 1 large lemon
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tbsp EVOO plus more for serving
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp water add more to thin out (if you don't like it thick)
- 1 ice cube
- In a food processor, combine tahini and lemon juice and process for 1 minute
- Add EVOO, minced garlic, cumin, and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the whipped tahini and lemon juice. Process for 30-45 seconds
- Drain + rinse chickpeas. Add half chickpeas to the food processor and process for 1 minute. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl, then add remaining chickpeas and process until thick and quite smooth; 1 to 2 minutes.
- Your hummus will be pretty thick still. Add 1 ice cube and 2-3 tbsp of water *the ice cube is the secret trick to getting it the perfect consistency
- Taste for salt and adjust as needed. Serve hummus with a drizzle of olive oil and dash of paprika + Trader Joe's green goddess spice