Hot Cocoa Donuts
These donuts are a perfect winter baked good, that are not fried or filled with a ton of sugar and other unhealthy ingredients! These baked donuts contain great ingredients and I was even able to incorporate my favorite protein powder to make it more nutritious! If you would like to make more than 5 donuts I suggest doubling the recipe! To purchase any ingredinets that I have used in this recipe click here.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder optional
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1/4 cup marshmallows
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3-4 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- add water to thin out as needed
- Prehear oven to 350° and greese donut pan with nonstick oil (I use a silicone donut pan)
- In a medium bowl whisk the 2 eggs then add in the rest of the ingredients and mix together with either a hand mixer or immersion blender.
- Spray a donut pan with nonstick spray (I recommend these silicone ones, they make it much easier to remove the donuts). Fill the donut pan about 3/4 of the way with the batter.
- Once the oven is preheated, add the donuts into the oven and bake for 15-17 minutes. Check with a toothpick to make sure they are cooked all the way through.
- Remove and let cool while you make your chocolate drizzle and icing mixture.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave for 15 seconds at a time, remove and stir, and repeat until melted.
- Dip the donuts in the chocolate. Let the chocoalte icing harden on donuts in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix together powdered sugar, vanilla and water. Take donuts out of fridge and drizzle with icing. Then drizzle with any left over choclate icing if desired. Top with marshmallows and enjoy!