Pumpkin Spice Donuts
Believe it or not the base of these donuts are paleo, gluten free and dairy free! I decided to make them a bit more festive and added a homemade pumpkin maple cream cheese glaze on top! It added some extra sweetness, but it’s not necessary.
- 1/4 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Pumpkin Maple Glaze
- 1 oz nonfat cream cheese
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin Butter from Trader Joe's
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- splash almond milk if consistency is too thick
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Add in the rest of your donut ingredients. Mix all ingreidents together until well combined.
- Spray a donut pan with nonstick spray. Add the batter to the donut pans, filling up about 3/4 of the way. Add to the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Place the donuts in the oven, get the ingredients ready for your icing.
- In a small microwave safe bowl - microwave cream cheese for 20-30 seconds or until soft. Then combine pumpkin butter and maple syrup. If the glaze is too thick add a splash of almond milk to thin it out.
- Set aside the icing after it’s mixed together while the donuts bake.
- Remove the donuts from the oven, let them cool before adding the icing.
- Add glaze mixture to donuts by using a spoon to drizzle over top of each donut.
- Enjoy and store in fridge for up to 4 days!