Spring Almond Cookies
6 simple ingredient recipe that are refined sugar free, vegan, low carb and gluten free!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup chopped/sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips/wafers vegan
- 1-2 drops food coloring
- Preheat oven to 325° and line baking sheet
- Add almond flour and baking powder to a medium bowl and combine. Once combined add maple syrup, vanilla, almond extract and almonds.
- Mix all ingredients together until dough sticks together and almond flour is mixed in well.
- Using a small cookie scooper - scoop dough then roll and flatten to form a cookie shape. Place 1 inches apart on baking sheet (cookies will hold the shape of the dough - they will not expand much)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool before transfering to cooling rack.
- OPTIONAL: melt white chocolate chips/wafers for 15 second intervals in microwave until melted. Add 1-2 drops of food coloring to white chocolate and combine. Dip half the cooled cookie into the melted white chocolate, add sprinkles and place back on cooling rack to harden.