Strawberry Balsamic Crostini
These crostini's make for a perfect appetizer to bring to a girls night or big party. The sweetness of the strawberries and the savory ricotta cheese mixture makes for a perfect combo!
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 French baguette
- 2-3 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil EVOO
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Cut strawberries into slices (I use my Pampered Chef egg slicer). Set aside. In a food processor combine ricotta, basil and chives.
- Preheat oven to 400. Slice up baguette and place on a lined baking sheet. Combine olive oil with garlic salt, garlic powder and pepper to taste. Brush olive oil mixture onto each baguette slice. Place baking sheet in the oven for 7-10 minutes.
- Once bread is toasted, assemble crostini by layering each piece of toast with the herbed cheese and sliced strawberries.
- Drizzle with honey and balsamic glaze and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Garnish with snipped chives and/or basil before serving. Enjoy!